Entries are open for the region’s most prestigious awards program, the Hunter Business Awards, celebrating excellence, achievement and leadership by businesses and individuals.
Awards will be presented this year in 17 categories – three recognising individual excellence and achievement and 14 recognising business excellence.
New categories have been added to reflect the diversity and growth of business across the region, with awards to be presented for the first time for Excellence in Retail & Hospitality and Excellence in Micro Business (for organisations with less than five employees).
Hunter Business Chamber Chief Executive Officer, Bob Hawes, said the Hunter Business Awards, sponsored by the University of Newcastle, offered winners and finalists invaluable opportunities for recognition and endorsement among their peers and the wider community.
“The awards are the ultimate accolade in regional business, celebrating the entrepreneurial spirit of the Hunter’s most inspiring organisations and individuals,” Mr. Hawes said
“The Hunter Business Awards are about more than just winning. They also provide the perfect opportunity for entrants to take a fresh look at their business model and have it assessed by experts.”
Entries are invited for the following 15 categories:
- Kristen Keegan Young Business Executive (18-30) sponsored by Quarry Mining
- Outstanding Young Entrepreneur (18-30) presented by the Hunter Business Chamber
- Business Leader of the Year (31+) sponsored by CPA
- Outstanding Employer of Choice sponsored by Newcastle Coal Infrastructure Group
- Excellence in Innovation sponsored by Pitcher Partners
- Excellence in Micro Business (-5) presented by the Hunter Business Chamber
- Excellence in Small Business (5-20) sponsored by the Newcastle Herald
- Excellence in Business (21+) sponsored by NSW Minerals Council
- Excellence in Social Enterprise sponsored by Compass Housing
- Excellence in Export sponsored by Port of Newcastle
- Excellence in Sustainability sponsored by Umwelt
- Start Up Superstar sponsored by Australian Institute of Company Directors
- Local Chamber of Commerce presented by NSW Business Chamber
- Excellence in Retail & Hospitality presented by the Hunter Business Chamber
- Contribution to the Region sponsored by Port Authority of New South Wales
The program also includes the Love Water Love Business Award, sponsored by Hunter Water, and the President’s Award, sponsored by Sparke Helmore. Entries for these awards are not required.
Winners in aligned categories will progress to the NSW Business Chamber State Business Awards on Friday 22 November at the International Convention Centre, in Sydney.
Entries opened on June 1 and will close at 5pm Monday July 15 2019, with finalists to be announced on July 31.
The awards will be presented at a gala black-tie dinner at NEX, in Newcastle, on Friday 23 August.
Entry packs and award information are available online www.hunterbusinessawards.com.au
IMAGE | Hunter Business Award entries are now open for Hunter businesses and local leaders.
With more than 1800 members, the Hunter Business Chamber is the largest regional business chamber in Australia and represents the collective interests of a diverse range of sectors across the Region.
The Chamber provides members with a range of services from advocacy and business advice to information and networking opportunities.
Business support is vital in today's economic climate and our primary goal is to assist and represent the needs of businesses in our community.
The Chamber is committed to partnering with all industries in ensuring the ongoing growth and sustainability of the Hunter Region.