When it comes to celebrating the achievements of small businesses, there are a wide range of award ceremonies around Australia dedicated to celebrating the success and hard work of those who are making their mark in business.
Earlier this year, the finalists for the Australian Small Business Champions Awards were notified via post, with an array of Hunter businesses listed amongst those who will be up for the winning title in their industry specific category.
For 30 years, these awards have sought to recognise the hard work of business owners and their contribution to the local community in generating employment for millions of Australians, as well as their input to the Australian economy.
Among the local businesses listed as top contenders in their industry category is local health services provider, Newcastle and Hunter Community Health (NHCH).
Managing Director of NHCH, Alison McQueen, said it’s a great honour to be recognised on a national scale next to so many other small businesses.
“We are always striving to do the best for our clients and team. So, to be recognised for our ongoing efforts to provide care for our community is a real treat for us all,” Alison said.
Adding to the list of Hunter based contenders includes civil, mining and engineering services company, PERSAS; boutique marketing agency, The Marketing GP; and finance group, SJ Financial Services.
PERSAS’ Managing Director, Brett Williamson said that the mining downturn in the Hunter region over the past year has hit businesses hard, so it’s meant the team has had to put in a little extra to support clients through the rough patch.
“We’ve faced a lot of challenges, but the important thing for us is that we are still providing the same level of service to our customers and are continuing to look for innovations that help them stay competitive on a global front. Becoming a finalist is a real testament to our ability to persevere, and we’re very proud of that,” Brett said.
Owner of SJ Financial Services, Sandra Jeffery said this was the first time the group had been named a finalist for a national award and she said that receiving the certificate in the post was a special moment.
“Our teamwork long hours and go above and beyond for our clients every day. This kind of recognition means the world to our team and encourages us to keep on going, even when things get tough,” Sandra said.
The list of finalists from the Hunter region also included:
- Adam’s Family Meats – New Lambton
- Alie Jane Travel Accessories & Designs – Newcastle
- Antojitos – Newcastle West
- Blackrock Industries – Muswellbrook
- Cizzy Bridal Australia – Belmont
- CoreFit Newcastle – Mayfield West
- CPR Pest Management Services – Hunterview
- Engage Property – Belmont
- FiveSeven Consulting – Newcastle
- Human Pattern recognition – Cooks Hill
- Hunter Allied Care – Hamilton
- Hunter Care Group – Broadmeadow
- Hunter Plastic Surgery – Charlestown
- Hunter Rehabilitation and Health – Waratah
- Hunter Valley Smash Repairs – Rutherford
- Jezweb – Wallsend
- KiKi Fashion Co. – Newcastle
- Langdon Hair – Warners Bay
- Mobile Video Games – Cardiff
- Newcastle Security – Hamilton
- On Top Solar and Electrical – Dora Creek
- Palfreyman Chartered Accountants – Cessnock
- Palm & Pine – Newcastle West
- PLH Accountants – East Maitland
- Streamline Automotive and Performance – Beresfield
- Table 1 Espresso – Warners Bay
- The Fitness Shed – Warners Bay
- The Garis Group – Hamilton
- Tooth n Care – East Maitland
- Warners Bay Florist – Warners Bay
- Your First Dance Co. – Thornton
- 7 Pearls Dental – Wickham
Steve Loe, Founder of the Australian Small Business Champions Awards, said that the ongoing support of sponsors and commitment shown by small businesses is what keeps this annual event going.
“The success of the program would not be possible without our wonderful sponsors, whose support and commitment are always greatly appreciated,” he said.
“If you are an owner and manager of an Australian small business, you deserve to be acknowledged and recognised.”
The full list of finalists is available now via the Australian Small Business Champions Awards website.
IMAGE | Owner of SJ Financial Services, Sandra Jeffery and Business Development Manager, Jennifer Hollingsworth with Award Finalist certificate.
The Australian Small Business Champion Awards is a prestigious and comprehensive program that supports and recognises small businesses across Australia.
Offering a unique opportunity to highlight Australia's most outstanding small businesses, the awards seek to recognise the hard work that business owners contribute to the local community in generating employment for millions of Australians, as well as their contribution to the Australian economy.
The awards are the pinnacle of business success. They recognise the values associated with successful businesses.