On Wednesday 29 May 2019, Novaskill held its annual Jenny Sivyer award ceremony.
Each year, the executive team of Novaskill have the honour of sitting on the panel for the Jennifer Sivyer achievement awards.
These awards, which acknowledge the efforts of staff who have performed exceptionally well and demonstrated incredible commitment to their role and Novaskill, have been a part of the Novaskill tradition since 2008.
The inaugural winner, Jennifer Sivyer, was the first of many outstanding employees to be named the recipient of this achievement award.
Jennifer sadly passed away in 2009 after a long battle with illness, and so this award was re-named in her honour.
“Jenny remains in the memories of all those who had the opportunity to work with her”, the Award MC and Novaskill’s Assistant General Manager, Amanda Reilly said.
“It was her dedication, hard work and positive attitude that set the benchmark for all our future winners, and this year’s finalists did not disappoint.”
Novaskill’s outstanding winners this year were:
- Lauren Mills – High Achiever Award
- Troy Potts – Managers Choice Award
- Kala Simpson – Overall Outstanding Employee of the Year
- Nicole Hanna – Phil Walkley Rising Star Scholarship
All the finalists this year have made a substantial contribution to Novaskill and their community and Novaskill are so proud of their achievements.
The finalists were:
- Elizabeth Boland – RTO Administration Trainee
- Jenalee Robens – Finance Officer
- Kala Simpson – Senior Officer, Student Services Division
- Lauren Mills – Senior Digital Marketing Officer
- Leah Harmon – Team Leader, Student Services Division
- Meagan Martin – Lead Trainer/Assessor
- Natalie Hohepa – RTO Administration Officer
- Nicole Hanna – Executive Assistant
- Nikola Vercoe – GTO Manager
- Steven Johnstone – Senior Officer
- Tammy Clay – Indigenous Programs Coordinator
- Troy Potts – Team Leader AAMPED Mentor
“We are extremely proud of all of our finalist and award recipients and look forward to what they will achieve now and in the future,” Amanda said.
IMAGE | Novaskill staff acknowledged with annual award in memory of Jenny Sivyer
Novaskill is a leading workforce education provider, passionate about connecting people to a world of learning, jobs and personal development.
It is a not-for-profit organisation that delivers training, recruitment and mentoring services and apprenticeship management throughout their eight Australian branches, as well as specialised training to international students in Newcastle and abroad.
Novaskill’s commitment and leadership to the provision of foundational workforce solutions has transformed clients, partners, students and employers, but most importantly has allowed them to achieve their mission to support communities by enriching people’s lives.