In 2030, Newcastle will be a smart, liveable and sustainable city.
Council developed and adopted a suite of strategic documents to guide delivery of Council's seven key strategic directions, outlined in the Newcastle 2030 Community Strategic Plan.
- A Connected City
- A Protected and Enhanced Environment
- Vibrant and Activated Public Places
- A Caring and Inclusive Community
- A Liveable and Distinctive Built Environment
- A Smart and Innovative City
- Open and Collaborative Leadership
This planning strategy has assisted in the delivery of a City Revitalisation Program that has encouraged a large investment in the City by both Government and private investors that are willing to prove that Newcastle is ready for change.